Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Red Oak


This morning dawned cold, damp and rainy here in NY. Perfect on site painting weather! I tossed the gear along with my rain slicker into the car and headed over to the Planting Fields Arboretum which is only a few minutes from my house.

With everything on my back and slung over both shoulders I headed out of the parking lot in search of something to paint. The Planting Fields is home to many different species of beautiful trees and I was looking to take advantage of the last of the Fall color which is rapidly falling to the ground.

As soon as I got my gear set up it started to drizzle so up went the umbrella which normally keeps the sun off of my panel and palette but did an adequate job of keeping everything dry today.

One of the things I love about painting at the Planting Fields is that if you are unsure as to exactly what species of tree you are painting all you have to do is to walk over to and read the identification plaque nailed to the tree. Hence my title: “Red Oak” 12 X 12 oil on canvas.

Note that all of these small sketches are available for sale directly from me via this website. Simply click on the “Paintings and Prints” tab and then on “Available Paintings”. The price includes shipping costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment